Breast Cancer: The Path of Wellness & Healing is a breakthrough educational and inspirational guide for women with breast cancer on their journey to full healing – body, mind and spirit!
Celebrity breast cancer survivors (including Christina Applegate, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, Olivia Netwon-John, and Jaclyn Smith) join America’s top cancer doctors and wellness experts (Dr. Deepak Chopra, Dr. Susan Love, Dr. Dean Ornish, Dr. Dennis Slamon, Dr. Marisa Weiss, Kathy Smith, Kathy Freston, Marianne Williamson, and more) to share wisdom, insights, and proven paths to healing.
This program explores the entire breast cancer experience, from diagnosis to treatment to recovery. Blending cutting-edge science with key integrative healing therapies, The Path of Wellness & Healing provides women – and their loved ones – with the best information to survive and thrive on the path to breast cancer recovery.
Created by bestselling DVD producer/director Nina Montée Karp and two-time breast cancer survivor Joyce Ostin, this program recognizes that proper medical treatment is just one aspect of the breast cancer journey. Equally valuable is helping women cope with stress and anxiety and revealing the immunity-boosting benefits of exercise, nutrition, meditation, and spiritual practice.
Breast Cancer: The Path of Wellness & Healing contains two DVDs that offer an in-depth look into this great health challenge affecting one in seven of our mothers, sisters, wives, and friends…
Disc 1 is a step-by-step resource for anyone who has just received a diagnosis. Doctors, celebrities and everyday women share their intimate stories of struggle and triumphs. They offer a thorough explanation of breast cancer risk; getting your biopsy correctly read; cancer types; forming your personal and medical teams; treatment options; tips for faster recovery through diet, exercise, stress reduction and spiritual growth; and much more. (TRT = 136 minutes).
Disc 2 gives an in-depth look at sixteen key aspects of treatment and healing, including:
- Hormones, Cancer & Other Issues with Dr. Susan Love
- Radiation Therapy with Dr. Marisa Weiss
- Going on Radiation Therapy and Chemotherapy Sessions (two never-before-seen virtual tours)
- Breast Reconstruction Surgery with Dr. Andrew L. Da Lio
- Integrative Medicine with Dr. Soram Khalsa
- Skin & Cancer with Dr. Ava Shamban
- Speaking to Children About Cancer with Dr. Harvey Karp
- Guided Imagery Demonstration with Marianne Williamson
- Visualization Demonstration with Leonne Schillo, RN, MN
- Chi Gong Breathing Meditation with Dr. Maoshing Ni
- Cardio Exercise Demonstration with Kathy Smith
- Mindful Meditation Demonstration with Diana Winston
- Yoga Demonstration with Seane Corn
- Nutrition & Cancer with Rachel Beller, MS, RD
(TRT = 3 hours, 18 minutes)